Also known as Ligandrol, the LGD 4033 is a non-steroidal Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator or SARM, which combines with the Androgen Receptor (AR) to produce steroid-like results. A ground-breaking potential in the field of medical science, the LGD 4033 is expected to enhance the healing benefits of testosterone, but in a safer and more admissible manner because of its tissue-selective mechanism and its oral form of administering.
The LGD 4033 belongs to the group of androgen receptor ligands and is tissue selective. It is created for the purpose of treating muscle wasting as a result of chronic and acute diseases, including age-related muscle loss, cancer, and osteoporosis. Developed by the Viking Therapeutics, the LGD 4033 is currently known as the strongest of all the Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators, especially in terms of its performance, enhancement benefits and its ability to encourage muscle growth.
Read on to find out everything you need to know about the LGD-4033.
The Concept Behind LGD-4033
As previously stated, since the LGD 4033 is a SARM, it works in the same way as the other SARMs. By binding the androgen receptors in a more specific and selective manner, the Ligandrol can promote an anabolic activity level exclusively for the bone and muscles. All these are done without affecting the liver, prostate and sebaceous glands, unlike the steroids. This is what makes it more advantageous.
A lot of scientists and athletes are excited about Ligandrol’s potential in bodybuilding and sports. This is why the LGD 4033 has since become very popular among athletes.
Perhaps, you are wondering what exactly you will get from taking Ligandrol.
Here are some of its benefits.
- Increased muscle tissues and weight gain – Unlike the anabolic steroids or prohormones, you will not put on 15 to 20 lbs of weight after taking LGD 4033 or other types of SARMs. But a lot of those who have tried it have reported that they have gained about two pounds of weight while on cycle in a single week. On top of that, scientific studies show that a 21-day cycle is enough to provide a significant change in your muscle tissues. You could end up gaining close to ten pounds if you will do things right and this will be a lean and smooth muscle tissue without pain in the joint or water bloating.
- Improves the level of strength – Aside from gaining muscles, the LGD 4033 also helps in the rapid increase of your strength levels. Sometimes, the increase of strength is faster than your manner of gaining weight. As a matter of fact, the improvement of your muscle tissues, which the LGD promotes, is what’s responsible for the increasing body size and weight.
- Ideal for recomping and anti-catabolic – The LGD 4033 comes with remarkable anti-catabolic benefits. This means that it can greatly help to switch your body’s main source of fuel to fats and prevents muscles from being wasted. So whether you are trying to put on some weight or you’re on a strict diet to lose some weight, Ligandrol can greatly optimize your results. Since LGD helps to shred body fats while you build some muscles, it will certainly make you stand out in terms of transforming your physical appearance.
- Possible treatment for osteoporosis – Another great thing about the Ligandrol, aside from the benefits mentioned above, is its potential to increase the formation of the periosteal bone. This can result in stronger tendons and bones. Thus, if you combine it with a simultaneous improvement of your muscle strength, you will see how LGD 4033 is a compound that can provide significant difference to someone who suffers from bone, muscles and tendon complications, such as osteoporosis.
- Cancer Cachexia – It’s also been reported that the Ligandrol has shown improvements for cancer cachexia, which is common among people with cancer and aids.
LGD-4033 Side Effects
Now that you know about the benefits that you can get from Ligandrol or LGD 4033, it’s also worth knowing the possible side effects that you could experience when taking it. But there’s really nothing to worry about.
Since LGD 4033 is still new, experts are still trying to learn about any possible side effects it brings. As of now, the reported side effects are minimal, yet they can possibly change any moment. SARMs like the LGD 4033 are so exciting since they can help everyone to achieve many health benefits without the harmful effects that come with anabolic steroids and testosterone therapy.
In fact, SARMs have been shown to be safe even when taken up to a hundred times the normal dose.
Does Ligandrol Decrease the Level of Testosterone?
Although there have been claims that LGD 4033 could raise testosterone levels, research has actually revealed the opposite. But there is really nothing to be alarmed. During the research, the level of testosterone has gone back to normal after a few weeks.
Some other side effects as reported by users in some forums on the Internet are nausea, fatigue, muscle pumps, hot flashes, increased sweating, headache, and hair loss.
It’s worth noting that the side effects above are rare and most of them have not been proven to be a direct cause of using Ligandrol.
There may be some minor side effects that were reported about the use of LGD 4033, but there have been no serious or long-term negative effects reported yet.
With its 24-hour half-life, any effects that you will feel or experience will eventually go away very quickly. Experts also recommend that you limit the cycle of taking LGD 4033 to a maximum of six weeks and it is better to take a full month off before you decide to take it again.
As with anything else, don’t be irresponsible when taking SARMs like the LGD 4033. Be very aware of how your body responds to it and everything should be okay.